Friday, December 19, 2008

My Best Friends Wedding

If you ask me how long i'll need you,
the answer is 'Forever'.
If you're asking, when i'll leave you,
the answer is 'Never'.
If you're asking what i value,
the answer is , 'You'.
If you're asking me , whether i love you,
the answer is, 'I do'.
This is how the invitation card starts.
My Best friend, Malisa, will walk down the aisle tomorrow to marry Gladson. I have known her since we were in college together ( aah! the good old days!), but never really talked to her. We just happened to be part of the same group. Then a few years ago, just as she was about to graduate from college, we started talking, I mean really talking - about things that matter. She was feeling pretty unsure about her future and a little confused. Soon we started talking and sharing the way only close friends know how. As a wise man once said," Friendship is a plant that grows slowly but has deep roots". Now I can say with some certainty that we have come to trust and understand each other. As I sit here thinking about it, that old cliche rings in my ear - "kya ek ladka aur ladki bohot acche dost ban sakte hai?" I think I will let the wise reader decide for himself.

No comments: