Thursday, August 20, 2009

My pal Prakash

Its 0545 hrs and I was travelling to office when my phone buzzed. The Caller ID flashed an Incoming call from Prakash. Surprisingly I asked “what the hell are you doing at this hour”, considering that he works from 1730 to 0230 he should be dead asleep! “cooking “ comes the reply “I am starved”. “talking to her after a grueling 9 hour shift seems to make you hungry” I said laughing. “ya! it does and leaves me a pauper as well” he says. We continued with a few updates and making a few plans for the weekend after which we hungup.

I met Prakash in EDS a year after joining the company, since he worked mostly the night shifts (He’s a veteran of the Night shift). He’s a very quiet person, one may take him to be shy, but as you interact with him you’d know that he’s mighty cool headed and down-to-earth. We initially never spoke but later on I worked with him and be became the best of friends. We have mutual friends and share common interests that gel us up, we later ended up managing the night and morning shifts all by ourselves for months together!

Prakash has changed tremendously from being the fat-huge guy on the Bullet to the lean guy on a Bullet. His marriage is fixed in a couple of months and has to juggle work and home(since his parents are at native place) not to mention talking to his fiancĂ© after work (who talks nineteen to a dozen all at one go, my poor friend has to keep listening and pay for the phone bill too….grrrrrrr) Though our shifts are different now we manage to meet on weekends at friends place(he has a tremendous appetite and his tank has always space for more). I am looking forward to attend his marriage in December this year.

No comments: