Friday, November 14, 2008

Love in time of War.

I was reading this Book a year ago and i still remember this romantic scene(i would allow to say that i am romantic)Set in Berlin just after the WW II from the Book Armageddon where Sean is an American Colonel and Ernestine is a German girl ,both having their own dark past. Being enemies their relationship is despised.

“May I have some more champagne?”
“I don’t want to give you a hangover on our first noncultural meeting”
“I wish to get utterly drunk, I have been prim & proper for lo, a hundred years. I am going to kick off my shoes forewith, and wade into the lake and make you carry me to the car….”
Sean poured her another glass.She sipped long and sighed deeply,”oh lord it is lovely here, it hasn’t been so for long”
“To a lovely friendship” he said.She tweaked his nose.
We have a German custom when people become friends…….oh excuse me colonel…….you don’t like German customs”
“If its a nice one”
“Extremely nice, first you hold your glass and I hold mine.
Now we reach over....so......and intertwine arms, there….now we drink”
“This is a nice custom”“The best is yet to come”They sipped from each others glasses; they locked their arms and brought their cheeks close.
“After a kiss we can call each other by the familiar form of Du”He felt the velvet of her cheek,
“I like Du” he said“I like Du”“Du smell good”
“I wore it for Du”Their lips touched.


Being in love is troublesome and it brings pain ... and it also means being able to give yourself.

No comments: