Sunday, May 29, 2011

Socializing? not again!

Its 30 minutes past midnight. I have just returned from a wedding reception (yes another one, I've lost count how many have been to lately), much to my displeasure! I admit i am a bit of a serious person who is a fish out of water when it comes to Social events. But these ceremonies are quite boring to me, i attend as i have to show that my family cares about them and the customary photograph with the newly weds is proof for future that i was present with my wishes. Specially when there is blazing music that plays the latest masala (i prefer soft music) which makes me cringe and then the couple indulge in loosing some weight by shaking on the floor. Its worse when the traditional card is played which ensures you get bored for at least an hour while the bride and groom change their attire. Later they enter (again!) to deep sighs (at last), the bride sporting aboli flowers (eeks!)  Not that i detest them but i lack like minded company (ah!). Of course who wouldn't enjoy with friends around (now they have their spouses along), (oh ho! now your talking) but then yes one feels something amiss when you see your mates dancing and being with their own. Whatever be the reason, somehow i get jaded with such functions.

No comments: