Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thought Recorder

Ever since i was a child my folks called me chanchlya (local east-indian marathi) which means unstable or fidgety. Later as i grew i mellowed down a lot -physically, but my thoughts still roam the world in matter of seconds (i am sure everyones does). problem arises when my mind needs to coordinate with my mouth or hands ( to write of course).Though now i have learnt to think and talk slowly, my mind goes off rattling things that i need to write and i dare not stop or pause for fear of breaking the though process. Hence i felt the need of a voice recorder(yeah i know my phone has a similar functionality, however i had a itch to spend) that could take care of this situation. Then one of my prerequisites was that the device should work in Linux OS as i use Ubuntu. I Went to Lamington road on my Work-Off yesterday and came across this Sony voice recorder which i agreed to purchase if it showed up on a Ubuntu Live Cd. 30 minutes later and a few thousands lesser in my account i was the owner of the  device i call my "Thought Recorder". Well its very helpful when i have something going on inside most probably its recorded (including this!)

No comments: