Saturday, May 22, 2010

Kolhapur Trip

Last week i packed my travelling bag and set off for a small trip to the rain shadow region of the shayadris. On Friday early morning immediately after my shift i went to the State Transport bus stand in thane and took the first bus to Pune. The semi luxury bus left Vandana  stand at 0515 hrs and took 3 hours to reach Hinjewadi via panvel and the expressway. I freshened up and rested at my friends place just opposite to St Laurns hotel in MIDC. My friend had left for his homeplace 2 days ago and i was to follow along with his brother. At 1400 we left Hinjewadi and took the NH4 and started moving towards Kolhapur. After a  5 hour journey through Pune, Satara and Kolhapur we reached Lalewadi on the river Kadvi at around 1920 hrs. After a refreshing shower and dinner we retired to bed. Dinner was awesome- Makke ki roti and mutton ummmm, we slept on the terrace under the clear open night sky. This was the first time in my life i travelled so far out of Mumbai alone and i enjoyed every bit of it.

No comments: