Friday, June 26, 2009

My Favourite Boots

Probably the only thing I have been in love with and have got loyalty in return for a very long time are my Favourite Boots.
Way back in the year 2000 when I was in the Naval NCC and had been to a camp in Ratnagiri I had exchanged my boots with another’s (as his were too tight for him). That’s how I come to be the owner of these boots and no doubt I have used them roughly and perhaps overused as well. These DMS boots have very soft upper leather and great rubber soles that still haven’t cracked. Three years ago the boots tore at then seams and at the joints of the sole and leather. Since I did not have any other boots I got them mended and continued using them. They still are the one I would prefer for long journeys as they are comfy. I am so used to them that I don’t feel I am wearing any shoes, they are a part of me and I feel light, specially while traveling by train in the rush, they give a perfect grip on all surfaces and protect my legs.
I find it hard to part with my shoes and I know that its harder to find a good replacement for them but anyways I have realized that everything has its time and nows the time to retire my best boots! So the hunt has begun and I hope to get a pair soon, however whatever replaces them I will never forget these old, loyal and comfortable Boots!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree....even I had a pair of these...when I was part of NCC in school...